Amy Purdy talks about the power of imagination. She explains how our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but by the choices we make. Imagination allows us to break down borders, to move beyond our circumstances, to create and constantly progress. If you've ever been tempted to give up on your dreams, you’ll surely find this TEDx video inspirational.
Amy Purdy has been through hardships that most of us will never face -- or can even fathom. But what makes her story so incredible is not that fact that she lived a "normal" childhood and spent her high school years as a passionate artist and snowboarder, then traumatically lost both her legs at age 19, but how she has persevered, taking implausible challenges and rising above them.
Today, Amy is an athlete; currently the top ranked adaptive female snowboarder in the world. Amy also spends a good amount of time helping others; specifically those with physical challenges get involved with snowboarding, skateboarding, wakeboarding and other action sports through the organization she co-founded Adaptive Action Sports. Challenging herself while making a positive impact on the world is a true testament to Amy's spirit.
“Instead of looking at our challenges and limitations as something negative or bad, we can begin to look at them as blessings, magnificent gifts that can be used to ignite our imaginations and help us go further than we ever knew we could go.” -Amy Purdy
- Dr. Wayne Dyer & Dr. Bruce Lipton - Power of the Mind
- Dr. Bruce Lipton: The Biology of Belief - Where Mind and Matter Meet
- Dr. David Hamilton - How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body
- Secrets of Human Aura. Mind-Matter Interaction Princeton Research
- Consciousness, Creativity and the Brain (Transcendental Meditation)
- The Scientific Power of Thought
- The POWER of The Human HEART!
- The Fundamentals of the Law of Attraction