Logan Laplante is a 13 year-old boy who was taken out of the education system to be home schooled instead. Logan had the ability to tailor his education to his interests and also his style of learning, something traditional education does not offer.
Logan said that when he grows up he wants to be happy and healthy. At the TEDx talk below, he discussed how hacking his education is helping him achieve that goal.
Do schools kill creativity?
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.” -John Lennon
- What Does School Really Teach Children?
- 13 year old Inventor Cracks Secret of Trees to Collect Solar Power
- 14 year old With Asperger's Syndrome, May Be Smarter Than Einstein
- 15 year old invents New Method of Diagnosing Cancer
- A College Education Can Now Be Found On The Internet for Free